Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I kissed Obama!!!!!

Seriously, I did!!! It happened when we were in Marrakech.  Call all the tabloids, there will be a scandal I assure you! If only because I really, really wanted to take him home with me... Scroll down for the pictures.














Meet Obama:

Aborable, no? He is the unofficial mascot of SPANA. He is about 4 - 5 weeks old. He is named, of course after our president, and the fact that he is the symbol of the Democratic party. His mother died of pneumonia. :-( So, he will stay at SPANA to help educate the local kids.

SPANA is a wonderful, wonderful organization. They educate animal owners and local school children about how to properly take care of animals. Sad, but true that it needs to be taught... It has been the highlight of my trip so far. 

Not only do they take care of equids, but also dogs and cats. 

Their services are strictly for those who cannot afford care for their animals. They also take care of injured strays (dogs and cats), who are then available for adoption. They have a free spay/neuter program, of which all the potential adoptees take part (though I can imagine some take part not so willingly!)!  And there are a few storks running around the grounds who were injured and can no longer take care of themselves in the wild.

Here's Obama making sure I am filling out the donation form properly. He's so stinking cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment